If it has, then let's keep going. Let's continue to light the flame under each other. Tell us in the comments what your goals are for either the weekend or for next week. And then next week we'll check back with you to see how you did.
As usual, my weekend goal is 1500 words on my WIP. Since I write 500 per week day, my weekly total usually amounts to 4000 words. I also need to revise 3 chapters on my WIP to send to the lady who has started editing it.
For those who don't have any writing goals yet, tell us what's holding you back from developing them!
Here's what Bickman has to say about PERSEVERANCE in his book 38 Most Common Fiction Writing Mistakes:
- Writers write; everyone else makes excuses.
- Nothing short of a genuine tragedy in your life should be allowed to intrude into your regular work as a writer of fiction.
- Writing can be tremendous fun and wonderfully rewarding. But writing is hard work.
- All the excuses, all the complaints, all the alternatives to work must be fought through; the real writer will work. And regularly.
- Consistent, persistent, even dogged work, day in and day out, is the professional's way.
- All writer's get discouraged, tired and worn down. The good ones don't make excuses. They keep going.
Now if that list isn't a flame to light your writing fire, then I don't know what will! I pray each of us will persevere with our writing through the weekend and next week.
P.S. Eileen, did you make your word count goal this week? How about you, Jill? (You knew I'd ask, didn't you?!)