- Tiredness (from sleep deprivation, exhausting days, overload of work)
- Sickness (short term illness, injury, or long term chronic issue)
- Depression or moodiness (PMS, situational, pyschological)
- Other emotional issues (anxiety, grief, guilt)
External obstacles are the things from without that impede our progress:
- Distractions (blogs, emails, kids, cats, the list is endless. . .)
- Interruptions (noise, company, phone, vacation, the list is endless. . .)
- The Unexpected (death of a family member, loss of paying job, divorce)
- Busy Life (activities, demands and needs of others)
What obstacles have you faced on the writing path? What has slowed you down? Has anything stopped you for a time?
We all have traveled a rocky road at some point. In the next post we'll talk more about how we can get past our obstacles. But for now let me leave you with this encouragement:
There is One who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy. Jude 1:24
P.S. The votes for the Playlist were half and half! But almost unanimously everyone said I should do what makes me happy. You all are so sweet!