I'm interrupting my usual posting this week for several reasons. First, it's the 4th of July week, and I know from past experience that people aren't thinking about writing since they're busy with family activities or are on vacation.
|Eagle Harbor Lighthouse, Michigan|
And finally, I'm interrupting my typical post because TODAY July 1 is officially the release of my SIXTH published book! I haven't had a book release fall on one of my blogging days, so I had to take advantage of the momentous occasion and celebrate with you!
Yes, Captured by Love is my sixth published book. Can you believe it?!
For those of you who've been following along with me over the past five years of my writing journey, thank you for being there to support and encourage me every step of the way. I couldn't have done it without you!
I also want to thank all of my readers for your enthusiasm about my books! YOU make all the hard work of being an author worthwhile! I love you ALL! If I haven't had the opportunity to "meet" you yet, make sure you stop by Facebook and introduce yourself.
Okay, without further fanfare, let's get on to the PARTY!
Publisher's Weekly gave the book a starred review (which is an honor since they don't give out many starred reviews): "Award-winning author Hedlund (The Preacher’s Bride) continues to perfect her craft, combining drama, geography, and military strategy into an engaging historical romance. Superbly written romantic tension comes together with rich historical and scenic detail in this third novel in the Michigan Brides Collection that will leave readers eager for a fourth."
I'm pleased to announce that early readers are raving about the book. Here's what they're saying:
Lindsey Bell said: "Jody Hedlund's newest book, Captured by Love, was just as captivating as her previous books. As typical of Jody, the writing is superb, and the characters are incredibly realistic. I was drawn in to the story quickly and by the middle of the book could not put it down."
Shannon Gonzalez said: "Author Jody Hedlund has once again, written a beautifully captivating tale. The characters have been brought into reality so clearly the reader will instantly feel as if they are best friends. Willing to follow them into turmoil, heart break, and life endangering situations the reader will not want to put the book down until they know what happens."
If you'd like to join in the book release fun this month, here are a few of the activities that are happening:
1. "Behind the Scenes of Captured by Love" blog tour:
Join us during the month of July 2014 (starting NEXT WEEK) for a behind-the-scenes look at Captured by Love. At each stop you’ll not only have the chance to learn more about the making of the book, but you’ll also be eligible to win a signed copy of Captured by Love. Don’t miss the fun!
1. July 7 (Mon.) What Inspired Me to Write Captured by Love
at Jamie Lapeyrolerie’s blog
2. July 9 (Wed.) A Research Trip to Mackinac Island Part 1
at Julie Musil’s blog
3. July 11 (Fri.) A Research Trip to Mackinac Island Part 2
at Caroline Flory’s blog
4. July 14 (Mon.) The True People and Events in Captured by Love
at Bethany Ward’s blog
5. July 16 (Wed.) Getting Down and Dirty . . . At the Chicken Farm
at Vera Godley’s blog
6. July 18 (Fri.) A Sizzling Romance: Pass Me a Fan!
at Jaime Wright Sundsmo’s blog
7. July 21 (Mon.) What I Hope Readers Take Away from Captured by Love
at Lindsay Harrel’s blog
8. July 23 (Wed.) Fun Trivia From Captured by Love
at Joleen Graumann’s blog
9. July 25 (Fri.) The Movie Cast for the Main Characters of Captured by Love
at Rachel McMillan’s blog
10. July 28 (Mon.) A Plethora of Pictures of Captured by Love
at Karen Lange’s blog
2. Facebook Party: Join the fun on Tuesday July 22 from 12-2pm on the Bethany House Facebook Page
3. Goodreads Giveaway: Go over to Goodreads for another chance to win 1 of 15 copies of the book!
4. Pinterest Novel Board for Captured by Love: For pictures to help inspire your imagination, head over to my Pinterest Board.
5. Presentation and Booksigning: On July 12 from 1-3pm I'll be sharing a presentation about my writing journey along with some of the local history behind my Michigan Brides Collection followed by a booksigning. The event will take place at Pathway Books and Gifts in Midland, Michigan.
Finally, in celebration of the release, I'm giving away BOOKS!!!
FOUR lucky winners will each receive a copy of my newest book AND their choice of ONE of four other books (for a total of two books each). All are recent releases by fellow Bethany House Authors.
Choose from: Siri Mitchell's Love Comes Calling, Julie Klassen's The Dancing Master, Kate Breslin's For Such a Time, and Tracie Peterson's A Sensible Arrangement.
Fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter the giveaway which ends on July 6 at midnight.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Virtual cake and coffee to ALL! Thanks for celebrating with me!
The WINNERS picked at random through Rafflecopter are:
Congratulations! Thank you, everyone, for joining the celebration! Please make sure to visit all of the blog tour stops for more chances to win my new release!