Since I'm a social kind of gal, I enjoyed hopping around to meet some new writers. I had a few writers stop by my blog too--so thanks! If you're new, I'm looking forward to getting to "know" you!
All of us can probably agree, one of the top benefits of blogging is the connection factor. Blogging allows us to connect with other writers, agents, and editors in a way that wasn't possible five years ago.
We certainly all struggle to keep blogging time from overtaking our writing or other priorities. I applaud those who unplugged their internets last week to give themselves more writing time. (I'm curious to know how it went!) But imagine what our writing lives would be like if we didn't have blogs.
Here's what my life would look like without blogging:
- I'd be incredibly stupid about the current state of the writing industry.
- I'd have no writing friends (or very, very few).
- I wouldn't have known about the Genesis Contest and therefore wouldn't have entered and wouldn't have finaled.
- I wouldn't have found an editor to help critique my manuscripts.
- I wouldn't have connected with my agent.
- I'd be no where near publication!
- And I'd still be double spacing after my periods.