I’ve been making revisions to my Genesis contest entry. Need I say anymore?
I’ve inched my way through the suggestions Tiffany Colter of Writing Career Coach gave me:
· Show with more intensity.
· Engage more sensory details.
· Cut the -ing verb endings.
· Heighten tension.
· Make the reader experience the inner debate.
· Turn clichés into original sentences.
This process of revision has pushed my writing muscles to the extreme, forced me to dig deeper, to think harder than I have in a long time. Revising is hard, hard work.
But do you know what I’ve discovered? I absolutely love it!
The adrenaline rush of scaling this particular cliff has pumped me with renewed determination. I’m ready for another.
Do you have any revision tips?